Niska is a workers cooperative created in 2005. We specialize in supporting and facilitating collective processes and in development management.
Our vision for society: A participatory culture, in communities aligned for their development.
Our vision for our business: Niska is THE workplace where passionnate professionnals work in synergy, with each other and with development stakeholders, and are proactive to reach an ever-increasing impact with organizations and communities.
Our mission: Niska builds organizational and community capacity to think, decide and act together, to imagine and pursue their development successfully.
Our organizational culture is built around the following values:
Our approach is based on the following principles:
- Transparency and communication: allowing for higher ownership of the process and lowering of resistance to change, if any;
- Mobilization and participation: enabling buy-in and active involvement of stakeholders
- Rigor and flexibility: permitting a process that is planned while leaving enough space for creativity and adaptation to an evolving context;
- Coherence and respect: the consulting relationship is based on respect for the organizational culture and in coherence with the values and aspirations of stakeholders;
- Systems-view and sustainability: enabling sustainable change that is anchored in its environment.